Autism Awareness Month
Celebrating the Autism Community to “Help Create a Kinder World”
In April, we celebrate the Autistic Community — the influence that Autistic Communities have had on the creation on a kinder world in terms of our way of interacting with one another & how we create more inclusive systems.
Throughout the month, we will be sharing history, references, and resources for us to better educate ourselves on Autism & ways to which we can best support our friends and family.
- Mental Health Association, Inc.
- Best Buddies in CT
- Autism Speaks: As an organization they have declared 2020 as the year that we focus on creating a kinder world
- Disability as an Asset in the Workplace
- History About the Autism Society
- World Autism Awareness Day 2020: Significance, history and important facts
- The Early History of Autism in America: A surprising new historical analysis suggests that a pioneering doctor was examining people with autism before the Civil War
- The Missing Pieces Project Founded by Donald Washington
#AutismAwarenessMonth #AutismSpeaks #TheMissingPiecesProject #BeKind #2020