2020 NeXt Gen Scholars
Berkshire Bank and Berkshire Bank Foundation announced today that it has awarded 40 individuals with $100,000 in scholarship funds through its NeXt Gen Scholars program. Each recipient will receive $2,500 to assist with their undergraduate tuition costs for the fall 2020 semester.
In 2018, Berkshire Bank Foundation expanded its traditional scholarship program to include high school seniors, current college students and adults attending or planning to attend a two or four-year college or technical school. This decision allows the Foundation to provide educational support to a broader audience and reflects the Bank’s commitment to help all individuals realize life’s exciting moments.
NeXt Gen Scholars represent some of the best and brightest individuals living or attending school within the Bank’s footprint. They embody academic excellence, while also sharing Berkshire Bank’s strong dedication to community service and volunteerism.
A team of nearly 100 Berkshire Bank employee volunteers selected this year’s winners. While employees normally invite the winners into our branches to accept their award, due to restrictions around COVID-19 all recipients have been notified via email congratulating them on their awards.
This year’s Berkshire Bank NeXt Gen Scholars are:
- Gisselle Mendiola -Croydon, PA
- Shacoria Latease- Springfield, MA
- Hannah E Giglio- Upton, MA
- Alyssa Ann Dupont- Windham, CT
- Amanda Clifford- Esperance, NY
- Ciara Joelle Donaldson- Hamilton, NJ
- Hannah Melkonich- Hamilton, NJ
- Sarah Renee Williams- Stephentown, NY
- Sarah Burke- Cambridge, NY
- Kieran Joseph Grant Gallison- Portsmouth, RI
- Sara Lynn Elser- Pittsfield, MA
- Driss Owen Bourzgui- Pittsfield,MA
- William Machold-Sheldon Davis- Syracuse, NY
- Evelyn T Seidner- Middletown Springs, VT
- Kristina Reed- Greenfield, MA
- Crystal Fernandez Duval- Worcester, MA
- Genesis B Pieczarka- Chicopee, MA
- Brynna Boucher- Auburn, MA
- Jasmairy Marte- Lynn, MA
- Rebekah Noelle Forget- Lunenburg, MA
- Jessica Lynn Anderson- Wilbraham, MA
- Wula Cham- Somers, CT
- Ashlynn Wrobleski- Glens Falls, NY
- Brandon Cobham- Indian Orchard, MA
- Sarah Nworu- Ambler, PA
- Miriam Sabrina Hintz- Newington, CT
- Wen Bing Shi-Enfield, CT
- Jordan Elise Bentley- Queensbury, NY
- Katherine Noelle Hemsley- Amsterdam, NY
- Saniya Stewart- Springfield, MA
- Lauren Calvin- West Rutland, VT
- Arden D’Elia Ricciardone- Tolland, CT
- Jennifer Mallinson Mull- Manchester, VT
- Adam Joseph Briand- Whitinsville, MA
- Gabriella Pierre-Louis- Mechanicville, NY
- Rianna Whitney Downey- Lawrenceville, NJ
- Abigail Ellen Dryden- Londonderry, VT
- Cassie Carolyn Klock- Jordan, NY
- Destin Evouh Bundu- Mansfield, MA
Just as these awardees play an active role in their communities, Berkshire Bank encourages its employees to play an active role in theirs through the XTEAM® nationally acclaimed Employee Volunteer Program, which provides paid time off to employees to volunteer during regular business hours. Last year 100% of the bank’s employees participated in the program and donated 40,000 hours of volunteer service.
About Berkshire Bank Foundation
Through financial support to nonprofits, scholarships to individuals, financial education, and employee volunteerism, Berkshire Bank is committed to investing in the success and vibrancy of those living and working in our local communities. Last year, Berkshire Bank Foundation provided $3 million to organizations throughout the Bank’s footprint, and 100% of bank employees provide over 40,000 hours of service impacting over one million people through the XTEAM® corporate volunteer program. The XTEAM has been honored by the United Nations with the IMPACT2030 Innovation Award in recognition of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals as well as with a Gold Halo Award from Engage For Good as a Top North American Employee Community Engagement Program. Further, Berkshire Bank was named one of Massachusetts’ Most Charitable Companies by the Boston Business Journal. To learn more about Berkshire Bank Foundation, visit www.berkshirebank.com/community.
About Berkshire Bank
Berkshire Bank is transforming into a 21st century community bank with $13.2 billion in assets. We are pursuing purpose driven performance based on our Be FIRST corporate responsibility culture.
Berkshire Bank provides business and consumer banking, mortgage, wealth management, investment and insurance services through 130 branch offices in New York, Connecticut, Vermont, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Massachusetts, including Commerce Bank, a division of Berkshire Bank. Berkshire Bank was awarded the Top Corporate Steward Citizens award by the US Chamber of Commerce Foundation in 2019 for the for small-middle market business category. Headquartered in Boston, Berkshire Hills Bancorp (NYSE: BHLB) is the parent of Berkshire Bank. To learn more, call 800- 773–5601 or follow us on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and, LinkedIn.”
Life is Exciting. Let us help.®
Corporate Communications Coordinator